I have always been curious about how people story their lives. My background is in communication science and journalism. I worked as an international investigative journalist, writing features about crime, justice and mental-health. For a number of years I was based at Bush House in London as a producer for the BBC World Service.
I started my psychotherapy training in 2006. In my current role I continue to see myself as a ‘story catcher’ and fully
involved partner in the exciting dance of co-designing new ways of relating and new ways of being.
I am deeply committed to furthering the knowledge in the field of psychotherapy. I conduct qualitative research (case study and auto-ethnography) using anonymised clinical material. I have written academic papers and I have delivered workshops on various psychotherapy issues such as working with male clients, suicide, working with groups, conducting risk assessment and the psychotherapeutic relationship.
I have experience working in a variety of settings including the largest IAPT site in London at Merton and Sutton Hospital, where I was a honorary psychotherapist working with groups and individuals.
I am currently an assessor and supervisor with the Marches Counselling Service in Hereford and I lead the Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills at Herefordshire and Ludlow college.
- Master of Science in Psychotherapy with Distinction awarded by Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) with Psychotherapy speciality awarded by EATA
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy awarded by Metanoia Institute
- Certificate in Education and Training
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate in Clinical Assessments (Metanoia Institute)
- Certificate in the Use of Psychological Questionnaires (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc in Communication Science
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy registered psychotherapist
- Member of the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA),
- Member of the International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis (IARTA)
- Member of Metanoia Institute